Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Song of the Day: 1,000 watt smile

I know, I know I am woefully behind on posting.

In the meantime, here's a song of the day ... there is SO MUCH that I love about this song. First and foremost, that adorable, 1000 watt grin of Rishi Kapoor's ... I am totally squeeing over him in this song.

Second, the classic R.D. Burman vibe to this song - his signature style - the strong bass, the congoes and almost latin rhythms, the background orchestration! I can always pick out an RDB song and I absolutely love his creative choices. This one has such an interesting melody too.

Third Kishore + Asha = love. I absolutely love this combo. Kishore is particularly in full form here.

Fourth - Neetu. She is so, so fabulous.

Fifth - that crazy red velvet brothel looking ballroom. Where IS this place?? It's like the Lounge in the old Clue game. I keep looking around for Miss Scarlet.

Sixth - totally ridiculous background dancers ... wearing layered gowns and carrying bouquets but the men have moroccan fez hats on ... I don't know. But I love it.

I am sure I could go on and on. But I really can't spend any more time on the computer, so here it is!!

Jeevan Ke Har Mod Pe from Jhoota Kahin Ka (1979)


No comments:

Post a Comment